We're excited that you'll be using our restorative blend of herbs and flowers during your postpartum. It has been designed to support the natural healing process of your body after childbirth by soothing tender tissues (yep, it’s safe to use with stitches!), reduce inflammation and bleeding, and ease tired and achy muscles...plus it’s an excellent way to pamper yourself after the incredible event of having a baby! Go Mama!
Please note that the Herbal Sitz Bath Tea by We arre AMMA is for external use only. Full immersion is not recommended after a cesarean.
How to use:
As a sitz bath: See package instructions.
- As a bath soak (once you’re cleared for bathing): Add 3 scoops of bath herbs to muslin tea bag and steep in full bath for tub soaking. Empty and rinse the bag and allow to dry before storing.
- As a compress: Prepare the tea as you would for a sitz bath, soak a clean washcloth in the tea (you can use it warm or cold), and apply to perineal area as needed.
- As a peri-rinse: Prepare the tea as you would for a sitz bath, fill peri bottle with warm or room temperature tea, and squeeze over your yoni and perineum while on the toilet to reduce stinging and swelling.
- As a foot soak: Fill a shallow basin with warm water and prepare the tea as you would for a bath soak. Soak feet for 15 minutes.
Yoni steam: If new to Yoni steaming, please find a professional to discuss if the herbs are suitable to your body and intentions.
- Facial steam:
- Before steaming, cleanse your skin - removing all dirt and make-up. Only steam with a fresh face.
- I spoonful of our herbs in a large heat-proof bowl and cover with 1 pint of boiling water.
- Create a tent by wrapping a towel around the back of your head and draping it over the rim of the bowl.
- Hold your face about 12 inches from the bowl (warning: make sure steam is not too hot to burn your).
- Close your eyes and enjoy the relaxing steam for 5-15 minutes.
- Please note: Steaming is not recommended for extremely sensitive skin, severe inflammation, infection, sunburned or windburned skin, rosacea, extreme acne skin, or when many small broken capillaries are visible. Avoid using herbs if you are pregnant.
- Calendula Officinalis (Calendula Flowers): Soothes inflammation and promotes healing on a cellular level
- Lavandula Officinalis (Lavender Flowers): Antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, encourages relaxation
- Matricaria Chamomilla (Chamomile): Antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal
- Rosa Centifolia (Rose Petals): Helps moisturize sensitive skin, gently astringent, anti-inflammatory
- Salvia Rosmarinus (Rosemary): Excellent anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant properties help heal skin
Set an intention as you prepare your bath:
“Herbs and flowers, help me in my healing journey. Guide my body to mend itself and open my heart to more self-love.”
End in gratitude for yourself and for Mother Earth who gifted you the tools to heal.
*The information here is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. As always ask your OBGYN, Midwife or Health Professional if use of our Herbal Sitz Bath Tea is right for your body.
*For external use only.